Claudia Dean provides a unique opportunity to be coached and trained by a former professional ballet dancer; offering a first-hand experience at an elite level that informs every aspect of her training and education from beginners through to aspiring professionals.
- Detailed and individual training suited to your needs
- An intensive and focused foundation upon which to build a career in professional dance
- Holistic nurturing of students of all ages to encourage and support skill development
- Talent management and industry guidance to help aspiring ballerinas build their career
Claudia knows first-hand the excitement and nerves of auditions, the thrill of the performance and the hours, months and years of intensive training that goes into fulfilling your potential as a ballerina. Through her trademark vibrancy, honesty and enthusiasm, students are encouraged to explore their talents and reach for their dreams in a supportive and health-focused environment.
Claudia knows that dreams are only achievable with a committed and skilled coach to ensure you are technically, emotionally, physically and mentally prepared.
Claudia Dean is a former dancer of The Royal Ballet. She trained at The Royal Ballet School and graduated into the Company in 2010, as one of only 6 Australian dancers to achieve this honour. She retired at the end of the 2014 Season and launched her private ballet coaching business in early 2015. Claudia has also just been announced as a Brand Ambassador for Australia-wide dance brand BLOCH.
Claudia’s career includes local, national and international achievements including:
- Winner Repertoire Brisbane Eisteddfod, 2008
- Winner City of Sydney Eisteddfod’s McDonalds Ballet Scholarship (Final at Sydney Opera House), 2008
- Winner Repertoire Gold Coast Eisteddfod, 2008
- Winner Royal Academy of Dance Senior Ballet Scholarship, 2008
- Received Royal Academy of Dance Solo Seal Award, 2008
- Winner Repertoire Sunshine Coast Eisteddfod, 2008
- Winner Brisbane Performing Arts Challenge, 2009
- Winner Arts/Education Quest Newspapers Young-star, 2009
- Winner Alana Haines Supreme Awards, Auckland New Zealand, 2009
- Winner Royal Academy of Dance, Genee International Ballet Competition, Gold Medal Winner, and Audience Choice Award, 2009
- Invited to join Royal Ballet School, London (RBS), 2009
- Promoted to 2nd Year level, RBS Upper School, November 2009
- Represented Australia and UK in Youth America Grand Prix New York, Placed 5th Overall, 2010
- Awarded “Best International Student” Royal Ballet School, 2010
- Graduated & was Dux of the Royal Ballet School with three contracts: Royal Ballet Company, English National Ballet Company & Birmingham Royal Ballet, 2010
- Joined The Royal Ballet, 2010
Claudia was born in Brisbane and began dancing at the age of four locally at Carolyn Gilby Dance Centre. Aged 11 she entered the Australian Ballet School and in 2008 - aged 15 - moved to the Gold Coast to train with Prudence Bowen, winning the Sydney Eisteddfod McDonald's Ballet Scholarship in the same year.
She won the Alana Haines Australasian Awards and the gold medal and Audience Choice Award at the 2009 Genée International Ballet Competition, Singapore, entering The Royal Ballet Upper School that year.
Her repertory while at the School included: Third Movement in Concerto, Gamzatti's solo (La Bayadère), pas de quatre (Swan Lake), pas de trios (The Sleeping Beauty) and John Neumeier’s Spring and Fall.
Claudia made her Principal role debut with the Royal Ballet Company in 2013 as the Chosen Maiden (The Rite of Spring). Her other repertory with the Company included Myrtha (Giselle), Fairy of the Golden Vine (The Sleeping Beauty), Rose Fairy (The Sleeping Beauty) and roles in Swan Lake, Alice in Wonderland, The Winter's Tale, Manon, Concerto, Don Quixote, The Nutcracker, La Bayadere, Mayerling, Onegin, Viscera and Raymonda Act III.